Time not on your side? Then let’s go – we’ve got a three-day full-body workout ready for you! And even better – this is simple to follow. In fact, you will have it down within one week!
Complex workouts are not always the best, and when trying to maintain and improve fitness performance within our busy schedules – simplicity can go a long way! Your body just needs consistent resistance training, that uses compound motions as much as possible.
The Routine: 10 Rules, Three Days, Six Weeks
Ten simple rules to make this three-day full-body routine a success:
- 5 Minutes active warm-up before the workout
- 15 minutes of cardio of your choice at the end of the workout
- Recommend one day of no weight training between workouts
- 1-2 days of active rest on no weight training days (walk, lightly run, swim)
- Each exercise is done for 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Weight range is 65-85% of your 1RPM
- 60-90 seconds of rest between sets
- Keep exercise rotation to 2-3 minutes (changing from one exercise to the next)
- If you can do 10+ reps, for all sets, move up in weight for the next session
- Repeat for 6 weeks!
Day 1 Routine:
- Incline Dumbbell Press
- Dumbbell Flat Press
- Tricep Extensions
- Box Jumps/Step Ups
- Russian Twists
- Reverse Crunch
Day 2 Routine:
- Deadlift or Rack Pulls
- Upright Row
- Wide Grip Pull Up or Lat Pull Downs
- Alternating Dumbbell Curls
- Planks (45-60 seconds, per set)
- Alternating Elbow Crunches
Day 3 Routine:
- Barbell or Dumbbell Squats
- Leg Extensions
- Dumbbell Lunges (do the reps per leg, per set)
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press
- Bent-Over Reverse Fly
- Russian Twists
The exercises focus on dumbbells, more so than barbells. This is as dumbbells are often easier to locate, help provide more muscle fibre activation for stability, and are easier to change over between exercises (thus time-saving – the point of this routine). However, the fitness routine works equally as well using dumbbells or a barbell.
This should allow you to hit your full body, in only three days. Keep up the rest schedule, and ensure you are eating properly. If you have been taking some time off, start easy the first week – and let this three-day full-body workout get you back in the fitness groove in no time.